Are you are a farmer? Got an over-productive veggie patch at home? Or maybe you collect the best free range eggs on earth? Do you make furniture, soap or jewellery?
Goods for sale
- All goods to be sold must be home produced and sold by the stallholder. The market does not accept wholesale or imported items.
- Arts, craft, clothing, homewares and jewellery products including photography, artwork, furniture, textile or other products must be the original or reproduced work of the stallholder.
- Only items listed on your application form and subsequently approved by the Red Gum Food Group Committee may be sold at the market.
- Homemade food products (like jam or cakes) should use ingredients sourced from a local producer.
- ‘Local’ means within Victoria or 100km within the border, with preference to producers from the Koondrook-Barham region.
- All food stallholders at Koondrook-Barham Farmers’ Market must register their stall with Streatrader. Visit the Gannawarra Shire Council website and click on the Food Van and Stalls link and register your stall Streatrader. This also registers your food premises at markets across all of Victoria.
- All faulty products must clearly be labelled as seconds.
- All food stalls must be run in accordance with Health Department regulations. All plants must be propagated by the stallholder. We do not accept those who buy from wholesalers or growing on.
- Stall sites will be allocated following receipt of application form (download below), payment (cheques made payable to Red Gum Food Group Committee) and Insurance Certificate of Currency. The market committee reserves the right to refuse applications for site.
Please do not copy other stallholders’ ideas and work – it’s not in the spirit of the market and will not be tolerated!
At the market
- Access to your site will be available from 7:00 am. Stalls are set up and ready to trade by 9:00 am. All vehicles must be removed from the oval by 9:15 am.
- The market is open to the public from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm.
- Stalls must remain set up until 12:30 pm (even if you have sold all of your goods). This is because no vehicles are permitted onto the oval before 12:30pm due to public liability concerns.
- The committee (and public) expects a high standard of presentation. A floor length cover should be used to cover trestles and table to hide boxes, etc.
- It is preferable that you be in attendance yourself. If this is not possible, family or friends can sell provided we have your written consent.
- Stalls which are to be shared must notify the Committee in writing of the intention to share. Stalls may not be transferred, sold or sublet to other persons.
- The committee accepts no responsibility in the advent of adverse weather conditions, loss or damage to goods or injury to any persons associated with the market day.
- No refunds will be paid for cancellations of sites.